COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Here at Haunt NIghts, the health and safety of our customers and staff have always been one of our top priorities. We have staff that continuously walk through the attraction every night making sure everything is safe, as well as doing intense daily inspections of our walk-through checking our walls, props, animatronics, customer paths, and actor areas. We have professional cleaners come in daily during our season to clean the facility from the night before.
With the current COVID-19 situation, we have gone even further and taken extra steps following health guidelines to ensure the safety and health of our customers and staff while having a screaming good time.
1. Virtual Queue Line: We are replacing our regular line with a virtual one. When guests arrive, they will scan a QR code that will assign them a number. They will then receive notifications that will tell them when to get into the line. The real line will only be a few minutes long instead of several hours and will have less than 50 in the line spaced 6’ apart per group. This will allow guests to participate in additional park attractions or go to any of the many restaurants or bars nearby or, if they prefer, they can even stay in their cars until it is time for them to get in line.
2. Masks: All customers will be required to wear a nose and mouth covering (if mandated by state or local laws). No one will be allowed to enter without a face covering.
3. Maintain Distancing Guidelines for Groups: The small line into the haunt will have 6’ markings on the ground and signage indicating 6’ distances between groups. Safety staff and printed signage will remind groups to remain distanced between them and others that are not part of their household.
4. Disclaimers and Warnings: Printed signs will be posted at the ticket counter and at the entrance warning customers to not enter if they are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or are feeling ill.
5. Inside the Building: Indoor queueing has been eliminated. The only areas will be the ticket scanning queue lines which have been completely redesigned to allow for groups to be at least 6’ apart during the ticket scanning process.
6. Capacity: Capacity can be reduced/managed to allow for appropriate social distancing.
7. Entering the Haunt: Guests will enter the haunt with only their immediate group (no strangers) and be reminded to stay at least 6’ away from any groups that they may encounter within the haunt. Customers will be timed to allow adequate distances between groups. Staff will be posted inside the attraction as well, to ensure customers are in compliance with distancing measures.
8. Increased Cleaning of All Surfaces (handrails, doors, restrooms, etc.): Additional staff will be hired for dedicated sanitation duties. To include minimums of every 45-minute cleaning rotations of all handrails, doorknobs, etc. and every 30 minutes for all restrooms. Additionally, other staff will be periodically cleaning their specific areas/rooms inside and outside of the attraction.
9. Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available at the property entrance, queue space, exit of the attraction. Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands before entering the building.
10. Ticketing: Online ticket sales and purchases will be strongly encouraged over on-site cash/card.
CAST AND CREW Management
All Staff will be wearing face masks as per the CDC Guidelines.
Staff Screening: All Cast and Crew will have Daily Temperature Checks and will be screened for symptoms and questioned about recent travel before entering the building. Actors who are sick with a fever or cold/flu symptoms etc. will not be allowed to work.
Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available throughout the cast areas of the attraction.
No Sharing/Exchanging Costumes/Masks: Staff shall not be allowed to change costumes/characters/masks in-show, ensuring less cross-contamination. Nightly cleaning and disinfecting of masks, face shields, goggles, and costumes will be conducted via washing, wiping, and/or use of disinfecting foggers, following CDC cleaning guidelines and sanitation solution/mixture.
We have been working hard to prepare our attraction so we can safely open while following current health guidelines. We can’t wait to show you our new changes!
Thank you for being such patient and loyal fans of Haunt Nights through these challenging times. The wait will be well worth it with big changes and new scares!!!